20. Stop swimming in that lake, or you will have skin rashes.
=> If ________________________________________________________________________________
V. Give the correct form of the word given to complete the sentences.
21. The Earth would be a happy planet if human beings, animals and plants (peace) ____ co-existed.
22. He is still at work! He (come) __________ late I am afraid.
23. It (take) ___________ the Earth 365 days to go around the sun.
24. What makes this magazine so _____________? (popularize)
25. We apologize for the ____________ caused to the passengers. (convenient)
VI. Read the passage and choose the correct answer for each blank.
No more teachers? No more books? For today's kids, the Internet has all the answers.
Gadgets come and go and most of them don't have a very long life. The Internet, (26) ______, seems to be here to stay. The World Wide Web is now the largest information (27) ______ in the world and teenagers can find more or less anything they want there. They can download music and films, watch TV, listen to the radio, send e-mails and even shop online.
In the United States for example, more than 78% of kids go online, according to a recent study. A lot of them are just surfing the Web and instant messaging their friends. But 94% of those online said they also used it (28) ______ schoolwork. This technology has allowed them to access a vast store of knowledge which was inaccessible before. With online tutoring and virtual schools, technology allows students to get specific help. It is also (29) _______ to be a part of a study group or discuss school projects with international e-mail pals. Perhaps more than anything, the Internet search engine Google has changed homework habits across the globe. But the problem is that it is so easy to “copy and paste” that teachers (30) ________ to change homework assignments or projects every year.
26.A. moreover B. because C. however D. although
27.A. resource B. technology C. informatics D. generation
28.A. in B. on C. with D. for
29.A. possible B. possibility C. possibly D. posset
30.A. must B. should C. had D. need
VII.Read the passage and choose the correct answer.
Every year, the average temperature of the Earth's surface gets a little bit warmer. This gradual trend is called global warming. Warmer weather may sound nice, but global warming is something to be very concerned about.
Scientists are worried that continued warmer temperatures could damage the environment in many devastating ways. Rising temperatures might cause plants and animals to become extinct. They could melt enough polar ice to cause the levels of the sea to rise. Weather patterns could also change. There might be more droughts or serious storms with flooding. In some areas, human diseases could spread.
What is causing global warming? Humans are mostly to blame. Pollution from factories and cars add toxic gases to the air. These gases rise to the Earth's atmosphere. As the sun’s rays warm the Earth, the gases work much like the glass in a greenhouse. They help trap the heat in the atmosphere and make the Earth grow warmer. That is why they are nicknamed “greenhouse gases.”
It is our responsibility to take care of our planet. Global warming is a serious problem with serious consequences. If we want future generations to enjoy their time on Earth, we must act now!
31. Which of the following is not a possible effect of global warming?
A. weather patterns changing
B. plants and animals becoming extinct
C. more polar ice
D. human diseases spreading
32. In the sentence: “Warmer weather may sound nice, but global warming is something to be very concerned about.” (in paragraph 1), the author suggests that people may not __________.
A. understand how serious colder weather is
B. take global warming seriously
C. care about warmer weather
D. think warmer weather sounds nice
33. The statement that “humans are mostly to blame” in paragraph 3 suggests that ___________.
A. humans have been blamed for global warming
B. humans have not been blamed for global warming
C. humans are mostly responsible for global warming
D. there are many factors that cause global warming
34. From the description of greenhouse gases, it can be concluded that a greenhouse is __________.
A. a glass structure B. the Earth
C. a colored home D. a type of gas
Question 35. This passage is mostly about ___________.
A. the solutions to global warming
B. the different types of global warming
C. the reasons why global warming is not a serious problem
D. the causes and effects of global warming
VIII. Listen and fill in the blank with ONE suitable word or number.
36. English is used as an _________ or national language in about 70 countries.
37. Although English is a very popular language, it is not the most common _______ language in the world.
38. Chinese, ________ and Spanish all have more native speakers than English.
39. English speaking countries speak slightly __________ varieties of English.
40. There are ________ English, British English and American English.
Lời giải chi tiết
22. will come
16. He may not be the captain of Star Trek.
17. Thanh if he could lend her his iPad for a few minutes.
18. Tom is going to open another restaurant in Manchester next month.
19. were carried many kilometers inland by powerful tsunami waves.
20. you don’t stop swimming in that lake, you will have skin rashes.