1. Listen and read. 2. Read the conversation again. Who did the following activities? Tick (✓) the correct column. Sometimes you need to tick both. 3. Write a word or phrase from the box under each picture. 4. Fill in each blank with a word or phrase from 3. You may have to change the form of the word or phrase. 5. QUIZ What festival is it?
1. Write under each picture a festival name from the box. 2. Complete the table below with the phrases from the box. 3. Fill in each blank with a word or phrase from the box. 4. Listen and repeat. Then underline the stressed syllable in each word 5. Listen and repeat the sentences. Underline the stressed syllables in the bold words.
1. Fill in each blank with a correct auxiliary verb or modal verb. 2. Change the sentences into Yes / No questions. 3. Match the questions in column A with their answers in column B. 4. Mark is talking to Trang about the Mid-Autumn Festival. Fill in the blanks with Trang's answers below. 5. GAME Festival mystery Work in groups. One student thinks of a festival he / she likes. Other students ask Yes / No questions to find out what the festival is.
1. Work in pairs. Look at the pictures. Which events do you think happen at the Twins Day Festival? 2. Match each word from the email in 1 with its meaning. 3. Read the email again. Complete each sentence with no more than TWO words. 4. Match the questions and answers about a festival someone joined. 5. Work in pairs. Ask and answer about a festival you and your friend joined, using the questions in 4 as cues. Tell the class about the festival your partner joined.
1. Look at the animal below. Discuss the following questions with a partner. 2. Now listen to Mark talking about how his family celebrates a festival. Check your answers. 3. Listen again and decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F). 4. Think about a festival that your family usually celebrates. Fill in the blanks with your answers. 5. Now write an email of about 70 words to tell Mark about the festival. Use the notes in 4.
1. Circle the correct words or phrases in brackets. 2. Complete each sentence by filling in the blank with a word or phrase in the box. 3. Choose the correct question A or B. 4. Answer the following questions about yourself.
1. Think of a new festival that you would like to celebrate. Discuss the following points: 2. Draw pictures of the new festival or cut out pictures from magazines. 3. Present your festival to the class. 4. Vote for the best festival.