1. Work in pairs. Decide which jobs are traditionally considered male or female. Use the expressions given to help you. 2. Work in pairs. Discuss why the jobs mentioned in 1 are traditionally done by men or women. Use the ideas below to help you. 3. Work in groups of three. Talk about your career choice(s).
1. Work in pairs. Look at the picture and tell your partner what this woman’s job is. 2. Listen to a talk about Valentina Tereshkova. Choose the best answer to complete each sentence. 3. Listen again and give short answers to the following questions. 4. Work in groups. Discuss the following questions.
1. Choose suitable information from the box below to complete the table. 2. Work in pairs. Do you think both men and women can do the surgeon’s job well? Give reasons. Use the ideas below to help you. 3. Write a paragraph (120 - 150 words) about the surgeon's job. Use these guiding questions to help you.
1. Listen and mark the stressed syllables in the words in bold. 2. Do the crossword. Use the words you have learnt in this unit. 3. Each of the following sentences has a mistake. Underline it and write the correct word(s) in the space given.
1. Match the sentences with the pictures. 2. Read the text and circle the correct meanings of the highlighted words and phrases. 3. Read the text again and decide whether the following statements are true (T), false (F) or not given (NG).4. Work in groups. Discuss possible solutions to one of the following problems.
1. Listen and repeat. Pay attention to the stressed syllable in each word. 2. Listen and mark the stressed syllables in the words in bold.
1. Match the words with their meanings. 2. Complete the following sentences using the words in 1.
1. Choose the best answer. 2. Rewrite the following sentences using the passive voice.
1. Listen and read. 2. Read the conversation again. Decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F). 3. Match the words to make meaningful phrases in 1. 4. Complete the summary below. Use the verb phrase from the conversation in 1.