1. Listen and repeat. Pay attention to the syllable with primary stress. 2. Listen and mark the primary stress in the words in bold. Then practise saying the sentences.
1. Match the words in bold with their meanings in the box. 2. Complete the following sentences using the correct forms of the words in bold in 1. 1. Choose the correct answers. 2. Write another sentences using the word(s) in brackets. Make sure it has the same meaning as the previous one.
1. Work in pairs. Which of the following do you think UNICEF does to support Viet Nam’s education? 2. Read the text and circle the correct meanings of the highlighted words. 3. Read the text again and answer the following questions. 4. Work in groups. Discuss the following questions.
1. Complete the conversation about a UNICEF programme with the sentences in the box. Then practise it in pairs. 2. Work in pairs. Student A looks at the table below. Student B looks at the table on page 85. Ask each other the questions in 1 to complete your table. 3. Work in groups. Discuss and decide which programme or project in 1 and 2 will bring more benefits to people in your local area. Then share your ideas with the whole class.
1. Work in pairs. Discuss which of the following statements are true about Viet Nam’s foreign relations. 2. Listen to a conversation about Viet Nam’s foreign relations. Decide whether the following statements are true (T) or false (F). 3. Listen to the conversation again and complete each sentence with no more than TWO words from the recording. 4. Work in groups. Discuss the following questions.
1. Complete the following sentences. Use the words in the box. 2. Complete the following diagram. Use the ideas in 1 and your own ideas. 3. Write a paragraph (120 - 150 words) about the benefits for Viet Nam as a member of international organisations. Use the information in the diagram in 2.
1. Listen and complete the conversation with the expressions in the box. Then practise them in pairs. 2. You want to invite a friend to join you in an activity. Work in pairs. Make similar conversations like the ones in 1. Use the useful expressions below to help you. 1. Read the text below and complete the diagram. 2. Work in pairs. Use the diagram in 1 to talk about FAO and its activities in Viet Nam.
Listen and mark the primary stress in the words in bold. Then practise saying the sentences. Complete the text with the correct forms of the verbs in the box. Write another sentence using the word(s) in brackets. Make sure it has the same meaning as the previous one.
1. Listen and read. 2. Read the text again and choose the correct answers. 3. Find words in the texts (A, B, C, or D) that mean the following. 4. Complete the sentences with the words / phrases from 1.