IV. Supply the correct form of the words in brackets to complete the sentences
17. Many women continue to wear the unique and______ dresses. (FASHION)
18. There used to be a big tree at the______ to the village. (ENTER)
19. Her ______ behavior makes them like her. (FRIEND)
20. We were really ______ by the charming city. (IMPRESS)
V. Choose the best answer
Hello! My name is Herman. I live in a big city in Germany and it’s quite exciting! There are lots of things to do. My parents bought a flat near a park where I can ride my bike or (21) __________ skateboarding. My brother is older than me and I also go to the cinema with him. The city library is a great place. I usually meet my friends there and we do our school (22) ________or study together. Of course living in a big city is not easy. City life can be fast, tiring and stressful. The streets are always (23)________ and noisy. Because of the cars is polluted sometimes. People are so busy that they (24) ________have time for their neighbours or friends. But I can’t see myself moving to the (25) _________. I just love living in the city too much.
21. A. go B. do C. play D. sail
22. A. workshop B. projects C. playgrounds D. competitions
23. A. bored B. surprised C. crowded D. exhausted
24. A. usually B. always C. often D. rarely
25. A. university B. countryside C. mountain D. building
VI. Read the passage carefully and answer the questions below.
The ancient town of Hoi An lies on the Thu Bon River, 30 km south of Da Nang. It was formerly a major trading center in Southeast Asia between the 16th and 17th centuries. Hoi An is famous for its old temples, pagodas, small tile-roofed houses and narrow streets. All the houses were made of wood, and their pillars were carved with ornamental design. All visitors to Hoi An are commended a visit to the Assembly Hall of Cantonese Chinese Congregation. This house was built in 1855 and still keeps many precious objects that belonged to the Chinese community of Hoi An. Another attractive address to tourists is Tan Ky House, which was conducted nearly two centuries ago as the house of a Vietnamese merchant. The house now looks almost exactly as it did in the early 19th century. In recent years, Hoi An has become a popular tourist destination in Vietnam. In 1999, it was certified by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage Site.