Use the words to make sentences. Change the form of the verbs (No addition or omission is required).
Task 1: Use the words to make sentences. Change the form of the verbs (No addition or omission is required). (Dùng từ để làm câu. Đổi dạng của động từ. (Không cần thêm hoặc bỏ))
1. there / be / many ways / tell someone /goodbye, / most of / them / depend / on the situation / and i at hand.
2. however / there / be / one rule / that / all situations / observe: abruptly /we / seldom / say goodbye.
3. in / English / it / be / necessary / prepare / a person / for our departure.
4. we / lead / into the farewell / by / say/ something pleasant and thoughtful / like / “I’ve / really / enjoy / talking / to / you”.
5. we / might / also say / something / relating to / the / time / like / "Goshy / I can't / believe / how / late / it / be! /1 / really / must / be / go!”
1. There are many ways to say someone goodbye, and most of them depend on the situation at hand.
2. However, there is one rule that all situations observe. We seldom say goodbye abruptly.
3. In English it is necessary to prepare a person for our departure.
4. We lead into the farewell by saying something pleasant and thoughtful like “I’ve really enjoyed talking to you."
5. We might also say something relating to the time like "Gosh! I can't believe how late it is! I really must be going!”
Task 2: Put the sentences of the two paragraphs below in their right order. Write the re-ordered paragraphs in the space provided. (Đặt các câu của hai đoạn văn dưới đây đứng thứ tự. Viết các đoạn văn được sắp xếp lại vào chỗ trống được cho.)
A. An apology indicates that we realize we’ve made a mistake, and we’re Sony for it.
B. It’s a way of expressing our regret or sorrow for something,
C. It is difficult to write rules that tell exactly when you should apologize, but it is not difficult to learn how.
D. When we apologize, we admit our wrongdoing or discourtesy, usually offer a reason for it, and express regret.
E. If we have done something to hurt someone’s feeling, we apologize.
1. C 2. E 3. A 4. B 5. D
A. But if the teacher stops and waits for him to say something, he could apologize simply “I’m sorry I’m late”, ask permission to take his seat and sit down.
B. What does he do? The most polite action is usually to take a seat as quietly as possible and apologize later.
C. The simplest way to apologize is to say “I’m sorry.”
D. Naturally, more than this is needed, but it is not the time for it because it has already caused some interruption and doesn't need to make it any longer.
F. Let’s take a common situation. Tom is late for class and enters the classroom.
1.C 2. E 3. B 4. A 5 D