Task 1: Work in pairs. Ask and answer the following questions. (làm việc từng đôi. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. What do you call Gấu Trúc, Tê Giác, Hổ, Voi in English?
2. In which sort of habitats can you find each of these animals?
3. Which of these animals can be kept as a pet or used for food or medicine?
4. Which of them is/are endangered?
1. A.What do you call “gẩú trúc. lê giác, hổ và voi” in English?
B. We call these animals “panda, rhino, tiger and elephant” respectively.
2. A. In which sort of habitats can you find each of these animals?
B. Pandas can be seen in bamboo forests. Rhinos can be found in grasslands and tropical or sub-tropical forests. We can find tigers in forests, grasslands and swam elephants can be seen in forests.
3. A. Which of these animals can be kept as a pet or used for food or medicine?
B. None of these animals can he kept as a pet, except for tiger can be used for food and medicine.
4. A. Which of them is / are endangered?
B. Pandas, tigers and rhinos are endangered.
Task 2: Work in pairs. Look at the information about the giant panda, tiger, rhino and elephant, which are endangered animals. Ask and answer questions about them. (Làm việc từng đôi. Nhìn những thông tin về gấu trúc vĩ đại, hổ , tê giác và voi, chúng là những động vật đang lâm nguy. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
A. Where do the giant panda live?
B. In bamboo forests in the mountains in central and western China.
A. What‘s the population of pandas in the world?
B. Only about 600.
A. What’s their main food?
B. Bamboo leaves.
A. What's their average weight?
B. Between 75 and 160 kg.
A. Are they tall? What’s their height?
B. Not much. Their average height is from 1,2 to 1,5 metres.
A. How long do they live?
B. Their average lifetime is about 20 to 30 years.
A. Are they in danger of extinction?
B. Yes. Their population is in decline.
B. Because their natural habitat is being destroyed and they are hunted for commercial trade.
Task 3: Work in groups. Take turns to give an oral report on the animals mentioned in Task 2. (Làm việc từng nhóm. Thay phiên tường thuật về những con thú được nói đến ở Task 2.)
1. A. Let’s talk about the present endangered animals: pandas, tigers, rhinos and elephants.
B. OK. First I see rhinos are listed in the Red List.
C. Now they live in grasslands, tropical and subtropical forests in Africa and southern Asia.
D. The population of rhinos is about 17 000
A. They have the average height of about 1,2 to 1,8 meters and weigh from 1,000 to 3,000 kgs.
B. Their main food is grass and plants.
D. And their average life span is about forty years.
C. They are also in danger of extinction due to their natural habitat destruction and illegal hunting and poaching.
2. A. Tigers are also referred to in the Red List and there are only about 6000 tigers in the world.
B. They are found in forests, grasslands and swamps in Siberia, Southeast Asia and Southern India.
C. Their average height is about 1,4 to 1,9 meters and an average weight of 65 to 300 kgs.
D. Tigers are carnivores so their food is living animals such as deer, buffalo, etc...
A. The life span is about 15 to 17 years.
B. They are also endangered animals because their natural habitat is destroyed and they are hunted for commercial trade.