Task 1:Practise reading these dialosues, payine attention to how people give and respond to compliments in each situation. (Thực hành đọc những bài đối thoại này, chú ý cách người ta cho và đáp lại lời khen ở từng tình huống.)
Phil: You really have a beautiful blouse, Barbara, I've never seen such a perfect thing on you.
Barbara: Thank you, Phil. That's a nice compliment.
Peter: Your hairstyle is terrific, Cindy!
Cindy: Thanks, Peter. I think I’ve finally found a style that looks decent and is easy to handle.
Tom: I thought your tennis game w as a lot better today, Tony.
Tony: You’ve got to be kidding! I thought it was terrible.
Phil: Barbara, bạn thực sự có áo sơ mi đẹp quá! Tôi chưa bao giờ thấy cái áo nào hoàn hảo với bạn như thế.
Barbara : Cám ơn bạn, Phil. Đó là lời khen hay.
Peter: Cindy. Kiểu tóc của bạn tuyệt quá!
Cindy : Cám ơn, Peter. Tôi nghĩ cuối cùng tôi tìm được kiểu tóc trông lịch sự và dễ chải.
Tom : Tony, tôi nghĩ ván quần vợt của bạn hôm nay khá hơn nhiều.
Tony: Bạn đùa đấy thôi. Tôi nghĩ nó thật tệ đấy!
Task 2: Work with a partner. Practise giving compliments to suit the responses Use the cues below. (Làm việc với một hạn cùng học. Thực hành cho lời khen phù hợp với những câu trả lời. Dùng từ gợi ý dưới đây.
David: ____________________ (dress)
Kathy: I’m glad you like it. I bought it at a shop near my house a few days ago.
Hien: Thanks, Hung. I think I’ve finally found the colour that suits me.
Michael: ___________________ . (badminton)
Colin: You must be kidding! I thought the same was terrible.
- David : You look really nice with your dress, Kathy!
- Hung : Your motorbike is certainly unique. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before!
- Michael: I didn't know you could play badminton so well!
Task 3: Work in pairs. Practise responding to the compliments below. (Làm việc từng đôi. Thực hành trả lời những lời khen dưới đây.)
Phil: You’re a great dancer, Huong. I wish I could do half as well as you.
Peter: I didn’t know you could play the guitar so well, Toan. Your time was lovely!
Tom: Your English is better than many Americans, Hanh. I really enjoy your public speaking.
- You : Thanks, Phil. That's very nice of you to say so.
- You : Thank you, Peter. I’m glad you enjoyed it.
- You : Thanks. That’s a nice compliment, but sometimes I think I'm not so good at all.
1. A: That’s such a nice pair of glasses you have on! 1 almost don't recognize you.
B: Thanks. I take that as a nice compliment, I guess.
2. C. I really like your new watch!
D. Really? That's nice of you to notice it.
3. E. Your new jacket is very fashionable and lovely!
F. Oh! Thank you. I got it yesterday.