• Practise reading these sentences. Make sure you link the words together as shown.
1. Look∪at these pictures.
2. The plane took∪oif despite the fog.
3. Mrs. Brown's quite∪old.
4. She’s from∪Australia.
5. She has many friends∪in London.
6. It ∪upstairs.
7. Tom∪sed to live here.
8. Put∪on your helmet, please.
9. I want to move∪nto the new flat with some friends.
10. Don’t forget to tun∪off the lights.
Exercise 1: Match a half-sentenec from box A with a suitable half-sentence from box B. (Ghép nửa câu ở khung A nửa câu thích hợp ở khung B.)
1. Finding a job is becoming.
2. Travelling is becoming
3. As I waited for my interview, I became
4. That hole in your pullover is getting
5. As the conversation went on he became
6. The suitcase seemed to get
7. Her English is improving; it’s setting
a. more and more nervous
b. bigger and bigger
c. more and more difficult
d. more and more talkative
e. more and more expensive
f. better and better
g. heavier and heavier as I carried it upstairs
1 – C 2 - C 3 - a 4 - b
5 - d 6 - g 7 - f
Exercise 2: Complete each of the following sentences, using the structure comparative + and + cotnparative with the words in brackets (Hoàn chỉnh những câu sau. dùng cấu trúc “comparative. + and + comparative" với từ trong ngoặc.)
1. His visit to New York seemed to get……...because he was very busy at work, (short)
2. Eating and travelling in this city is setting……………. (expensive)
3. As the day went on, the weather got………………... (bad)
4. We had to stop the discussion because the question was becoming ……...(complicated)
5. Your English is OK now. your pronunciation has got………………….(good)
6. Little John is becoming………………….(active)
7. As it was setting dark, it was becoming……………to see everything in the house without electricity, (difficult)
8. I feel happy as my birthday is coming……………. (close)
1. shorter and shorter
2. more and more expensive
3. worse and worse
4. more and more complicated
5. belter and better
6. more and more active
7. more and more difficult
8. closer and closer
Exercise 3: Complete each of the following sentences, using the structure: “tile + comparative, the comparative . Choose a suitable half-senlcnce from the box. (Hoàn chỉnh mỗi câu sau, dùng cấu trúc: "the + compararive, the + comparative Chọn nửa câu thích hợp trong khung.
the faster you will learn the more I liked him
the more impatient he became the better I feel
the sooner we will arrive the more you want
the higher your bill will be the better the service