Exercise 1: Which of the following verbs can have an object, and which cannot? (Động từ nào trong các động từ sau có một túc từ, và động từ nào không?)
Sleep read write lie meet occur
Grow help arrive rain exist climb
a. Transitive verbs : read, write, meet, help, grow, climb
b. Intransilive verbs: sleep, arrive, lie, rain, exist, occur
Exercise 2: Which verbs in the following sentences are T (transitive) and which are I (intransitive). Tick the right column. (Động từ nào trong những câu sau là T (ngoại động lừ), động từ nào là nội động từ (I). Ghi dấu cột đúng.)
1. A serious accident happened yesterday.
2. The customer bought a lot of butter.
3. Our team won the game.
4. Their team won yesterday.
5. Alice arrived at six o’clock.
6. They are staying at a resort hotel in San Antonio, Texas.
7. The wind is blowing hard today.
8. I walked to the station with my friends.
1.I 2.T 3.T 4.I 5.I 6.I 7.I 8.I
Exercise 3: Choose the sentences that have objects and then change them to the passive voice. (Chọn câu có túc từ và sau dó đổi sang bị động.)
1. An will pay the bill.
2. Sue will come tomorrow.
3. The hotel supplies towels.
4. Accidents happen every day.
5. Everyone noticed my mistakes.
6. The train arrived at three.
7. The news didn't surprise me.
8. Birds fly in the sky.
9. An old man told the story.
10. Sue laughed loudly.
1. The bill will be paid by An. 3. Towels are supplied by the hotel.
5. My mistakes were noticed. 7. I wasn't surprised by the news.