Exercise 1. Complete the following conversations with the coưect form of the verbs in the box.
See drink write cook
1. A:_____________ you______________ The Titanic yet?
B: Yes, I have. I________________ it last night. Why?
A: I______________ it next Friday.
2. A: Who_______________ all the soda?
B: Not me. I________________ any soda at all since last week.
I_____________ water all week. It’s much healthier.
3. A: Susan_______________ a lot of books lately.
B:_____________ she______________ Wildest Dreams?
A: Yes, she did. She__________________ that one about five years aso.
4. A: You______________ for hours. When are we eating dinner?
B: I’ve just finished. I ____________________ something special for you.
It’s called “Ants on a tree’’.
B: Actually, I________________ it for you many times before. It’s just
meatballs with rice noodles.
1. Have - see ; saw : am eoing lo sec
2. drank ; have not drunk; drank
3. has written ; Did - write : wrote
4. have been cooking ; have cooked ; have cooked
Exercise 2. Circle the letter (A, B, c or D) to complete the passaae.
Rosemary Dare is a wildlife photographer. She (1) ___________________________ in
Uganda for many years. She (2)_________________ elephants for twenty years.
She (3)____________ thousands of pictures since the 1980s. Last year, she
(4) an international prize for nature photography. She (5)
__________ many prizes over the years. Recently, Ms Dare (6)
___________ interested in rhinos. She (7)___________________ them for the last
few months. I am sure we (8)_________________ some interesting photos soon.
1. A. lives B. will live
C. has been living D. doesn’t live
2. A. has been photographing B. photographs
C. is photographing D. was photographing
1. C 2. A 3. C 4. A 5.C 6. A 7. c 8. A
Iam writing this letter to complain about the noise from Apartment 3C.I ( 1.move)…………. into Apartment 2C on November 1. Since I (2.move)…………in, my upstairs neighbours have their stereo loudly every night. I (3.ask) …………them to turn it down several time. But they (4.not stop) …….. the noise yet. I (5.study)………. Every night. I (6.fail)………..stops. I would be grateful if you (7.can talk) …………to my neighbours and ask them to turn down their stereo after 10.00 p.m
1. moved 2. Moved 3. haved asked 4. have not stopped
5. study 6. will fail 7. could talk