Study the pictures and answer the following questions. (Nghiên cứu các hình và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
Task 1. Study the pictures and answer the following questions. (Nghiên cứu các hình và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. What does each pair of pictures tell you?
2. What changes can you see in each pair of pictures?
What do you think people have done to achieve these changes?
1. It tell us the contrast between the present and past situations.
a. The pair of upper pictures tells us about education : two different schools.
- the one before Doi Moi: small and low thatched-roof houses, no playground.
- and the one after Doi Moi: tall buildings with a large playground
b. The pair of lower pictures tells about industry or production: two factories.
- The left picture : the one before Doi Moi shows ihe machines were old and bulky and there were a lot of workers. Much work was done by hand.
- The right picture : the one after Doi Moi refers to a modern factory with modem machines and few workers because all products are made by assembly-line.
3. They must have taken some renovation measures.
Task 2. The country of Fantasia started its overall reforms in the early 1970s. The reform has brought about positive effects in many sectors of the economy, particularly in education, health care and agriculture. (Quốc gia Fantasia đã bắt đầu cuộc cải cách toàn diện vào đầu thập niên 1970. Cuộc cải cách đem lại nhiều chuyển biến (hiệu quả) tích cực trong nhiều thành phần kinh tế, đặc biệt trong giáo dục, chăm sóc sức khoẻ và nông nghiệp.)
Work in groups. Suggest what the Government and the people of Fantasia have done to improve their economy in these sectors. Use the cues below. (Làm việc từng nhóm. Đề nghị những gì chính phủ và nhân dân Fantasia đã làm để cải tiến nền kinh tế của họ trong những lãnh vực này. Dùng những ý đề nghị dưới đây.)
● Curriculum and textbooks
● more schools
● teaching and learning methods
● more equipment and facilities
● teachers’ salaries
● more scholarships for poor or disadvantaged students
● more hospitals·
● more highly qualified doctors
● more medical equipment and facilities
● doctors’ and nurses’ salaries
● sensitivity of doctors and nurses to their professional responsibilities
● health insurance
● appropriate policies to encourage farmers to work more efficiently
● new and advanced farming techniques
● fertilisers, pesticides, insecticides
● more dykes and dams, irrigation and drainage systems
● more advanced fanning facilities and equipment
A. As we have seen, Fantasia has gained a lot of positive effects in its overall reforms since the early 1970.
B. Sure, particulary in education, health care and agriculture.
C. Well. Frist, what measure did it take to improve its education?
D. I think they certainly reformed the overall education system, from the curriculum, textbooks to methods of teaching and learning.
A. And the necessary facilities in education such as schools, teaching aids, etc ...
B. Oh, a more important factor is teachers’ salary: a noticeable pay raise.
C. What about health care? What have they done?
D. First they have built a lot of modem hospitals and moderrnized the old ones with modern equipment or facilities.
A. And the more important thing in the category is they have more highly qualified doctors and nurses.
B. And the sense of responsibility and moral conscience of doctors and nurses is always improved or encouraged
C. In addition, they introduced health insurance policy to help the poor.
A. I sec there are a lot of progress and improvements in agriculture, too.
B. Sure. The government has certainly carried out many renovations in farming techniques as well as introduced appropriate policies to encourage fanners to produce.
Task 3: Report to the class on the measures the Government and the people of Fantasia have taken to develop their country in education, health care and agriculture. (Tường thuật trước lớp về những biện pháp Chính phủ và nhân dân Fantasia đã áp dụng để phát triển đất nước của họ trong giáo dục, chăm sóc sức khoẻ và nông nhiệp.)
The Government and the people of Fantasia have taken the important measures to develop their country.
First, in education, the government have renovated the curriculum, textbooks and teaching and learning methods. At the same trime, they’ve replaced old and obsolete teaching aids, equipment and facilities. The most important thing seen in education is raising teachers’ teaching skills and the pay raise.
In health care, many hospitals have been built or modernized. Doctors and nurses are highly qualified. A remarkable reform is the inưoducing of health insurance policy to people, which has helped the poor to enjoy die progress of medicine.
In agriculture, the Government has carried out appropriate policies to encourage farmers to produce more effectively. They’ve obviously introduced new and modern farming techniques and equipment as well as advanced fanning facilities and fertilizers. They've also built dams and irrigation and drainage systems to help increase the outputs.