Exercise 1: Tan has invited Quang to his house. When Quang comes, he sees that (Tan mời Quang đến nhà mình. Khi Quang đến, anh ấy thấy)
E. LANGUAGE FOCUS
● Listen and repeat.
● Practise these sentences.
1. Could you tell me where you've put my book?
2. Your bookshelf is full of books.
3. Look! The boy is looking at your book.
4. Miss June is looking at the Moon.
5. Both your shoes and your boots are dirty.
6. Miss Moon went to school this afternoon.
Grammar and vocabulary
● The present perfect
(Thì hiện tại hoàn thành)
Exercise 1. Tan has invited Quang to his house. When Quang comes, he sees that
(Tân đã mời Quang đến nhà anh ấy. Khi Quang đến, anh ta thấy)
1. the door is open.
2. the TV is on.
3. the house is tidy.
4. the floor is clean.
5. the lights are on.
6. two bottles of water are laid on the table.
Write in your exercise book what you think Tan has done before Quang comes.
(Viết vào trong vở bài tập những gì em nghĩ rằng Tân đã làm trước khi Quang đến.)
1. Tan has opened the door.
2. He has turned on the TV.
3. He has tidied the house.
4. He has cleaned the floor.
5. He has switched on the lights.
6. He has laid two bottles of water on the table.
● The present perfect passive
(Dạng bị động của Thì hiện tại hoàn thành)
Exercise 2. Build sentences after the model.
(Hãy dựng câu theo mẫu.)
Example: new bridge / build / across the river.
⟹ A new bridge has been built across the river.
1. a new hospital for children / build / in our city
2. another man-made satellite / send up / into space
3. more and more trees / cut down / for wood / by farmers
4. thousands of animals / kill / in the forest fire
5. about one hundred buildings and houses / destroy / in the earthquake
6. more than 50 films / show / in Hanoi / since June
7. their hands / wash and dry / on a towel
8. another book / read / by the students
9. some ink / spill / on the carpet
10. she / show / how to do it
1. A new hospital for children has been built in our city.
2. Another man-made satellite has been sent up into space.
3. More and more trees have been cut down for wood by farmers.
4. Thousands of animals have been killed in the forest fire.
5. About one hundred buildings and houses have been destroyed in the earthquake.
6. More than 50 films have been shown in Ha Noi since June.
7. Their hands have been washed and dried on a towel.
8. Another book has been read by the students.
9. Some ink has been spilt on the carpet.
10. She has been shown how to do it.
Exercise 3. Fill in each blank with who, which or that.
(Điền vào mỗi chỗ trống với who, which hoặc that.)
1. A clock is an instrument______tells you the time.
2. A fridge is a machine______is used tor keeping food fresh.
3. April 1st is the day______is called April Fool’s Day in the West.
4. A nurse is a person______ looks after patients.
5. A teacher is a person______ gives lessons to students.
6. A blind person is the one______cannot see anything.
7. The man______ you visited last month is a famous scientist.
8. Please think of a word______comes from a foreign language into Vietnamese.
9. These are the pictures______ my son drew when he was young.
10. Can you help me find the man______saved the girl?