* Practise these sentences.
1. Susan loves classical music.
2. I like to listen to jazz records.
3. My aunt likes to watch the film “The Sound of Music".
4. But my cousin prefers going to concerts.
5. He's won the first prize for singing folk songs.
6. I'd like a piece of bread and some peas, please.
Exercise 1: Use the words in brackets to answer the questions. (Dùng từ trong ngoặc trả lời câu hỏi.)
1. What did you phone her for? (good news)
2. What are you saving money for? (a cassette player)
3. What does she practise singing all day for? (the singing contest)
4. What arc you learning French for? (French songs)
5. What does the monitor always go to class on time for? (a good example for the class)
1. I phoned her to tell her the good news.
2. I’m saving money to buy a now cassette player.
3. She practises singing all day to win the singing contest.
4. I'm learning French to sing French songs.
5. I he monitor always goes to class on time to set a good example for the whole class.
Exercise 2 : Complete each sentence with the right form of a suitable verb. (Hoàn thành mỗi câu với dạng đúng của một động từ thích hợp.)
1. My father didn't have timethe _______ the newspaper
2. I wish 1 had enough money_______ a new bicycle
3. I went to the post office_______ a letter.
4. He telephoned_______ me to the party.
5. She’s going to Britain_______ English.
1. to read 2. to buy 3. to post
4. to invite 5. to study/ learn
Exercise 3: Ask questions for the underlined words / phrases in the following sentences. (Hỏi câu hỏi cho những từ/cụm từ được gạch dưới it những câu sau.)
1. If it rains, I'll stay at home and watch TV.
2. My father enjoys listening to classical music.
3. He left for Ho Chi Minh City last week.
4. James wants to talk to you.
5. We spent the evening playing chess last night.
6. The film starts at 8:00 p.m.
7. My favourite musician is Beethoven.
8. I like pop music because it helps me relax.
1. What will vou do if it rains?
2. What kind of music does your father like listening to?
3. When did he leave for Ho Chi Minh City?
4. Who wants to talk to you?
5. How did you spend the evening last night?
6. What time does the film start?
7. Who's your favourite musician?
8. Why do you like pop music?