4. Paul borrowed a book about puppies from the library.
5. The beautiful carpet is my brother's present.
6. Is this picture painted on the pupils' caps?
Exercise 1: Choose the right form of the verbs in brackets.(Chọn dạng đúng cửa động từ trong ngoặc.)
1. The children (reported/were reported) to be homeless.
2. Trees (grow/are grown) well in this soil.
3. Can English (be spoken/speak) at the club?
4. I (don't invite/am not invited) to parties very often.
5. Many new roads (arc being built/arc building) in this city.
1. were reported 2. grow 3. be spoken
4. am not invited 5. are being built
Exercise 2: Pul the verbs in brackets in the correct form.(Viết động trong ngoặc ở dạng đúng.)
1. When they (come), the meeting (start). They (be) ten minutes late.
2. He (stand) in front of a large audience. He (photograph) by many journalists now.
3. The students (tell) about the changes of their timetable yet?
4. At that time the table (lay) and I (decide) not to come in.
5. Where these young coconut trees (plant)?
1. came; had started; had been started; were
2. is standing; is being photographed
3. Have... been told
4. was being laid; decided
5. will... he planted
Exercise 3: Fill in each blank with the correct form of a verb in the box. (Điền mỗi chỗ trống với dạng đúng của động từ trong khung.)
arrive be clean meet take
make organize put prepare serve
- How was the holiday?
- Oh, it was fantastic. Everything (1)________ so well. As soon as we (2)________ at the airport, we (3)________ and (4)________ to the hotel. All the rooms (5)_______ well and fresh flowers (6)________ on the table.
- Oh, how lovely! And what about the food?
- It (7)________ excellent. They freshly (8)________ it all in the hotel
and they even (9)________ the bread in the hotel kitchcn. The bread rolls (10)_________ hot every morning for breakfast.