Writing a profile (Viết sơ lược tiểu sử), Task 2 : Write about the life of Van Cao using the prompts below. (Viết về cuộc đời của Văn Cao, dùng những từ gợi ý bên dưới.)
Writing a profile (Viết sơ lược tiểu sử)
Task 1: Work in pairs. Use the prompts below to make up complete sentences about Scott Joplin, a famous American musician. (Làm việc từng đôi. Dùng các từ gợi ý dưới đây để thành lập câu đầy đủ về Scott Joplin, một nhạc sĩ nổi tiếng người Mỹ.)
1. He / learn / play / music / when / very young.
2. Scott / learn / play / works / composers / Bach, Beethoven, and Mozart / as well as / compose / music.
3. He / quickly / become / famous.
4. His tunes / be / wonderful mixture / classical European and African beats / which / be / known as Ragtime.
5. All in all / he / write / 50 piano rags /, / and be / called / King of Ragtime.
6. Scott Joplin / die / 1917.
1. He learned to play music when he was very young.
2. Scott learned to play the works of composers like Bach. Beethoven, and Mozart as well as to compose music.
3. He quickly became famous.
4. His tunes were wonderful mixture of classical European and African beats, which were known as Ragtime.
5. All in all, he wrote 50 piano rags, and was called the “King of Ragtime .
6. Scott Joplin died in 1917.
Task 2 : Write about the life of Van Cao.using the prompts below. (Viết về cuộc đời của Văn Cao, dùng những từ gợi ý bên dưới.)
Van Cao was born on November 15th 1923 in Nam Dinh , from a family of poor workers. He started to compose music when he was very young. He wrote the first sing in 1939 and quickly became famous. His piece of music “Tien Quan Ca’ was chosen as the National anthem in 1944. Apart from songs, Van Cao also wrote poems and had some paintings. He died on July 10th, 1995.
Van Cao is known as a very talented musician and highly appreciated by The Vietnasmese people.