Work in groups. Ask and answer the following questions.(Làm việc từng nhóm. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. Where is Cuc Phuong National Park?
2. What is the area of the rainforest in Cuc Phuong National Park?
3. When is the best time to visit Cuc Phuong National Park?
4. What can be seen in Cuc Phuong National Park?
1. Cuc Phuong National Park is located 160 kilometres southwest of Hanoi.
2. The area of the rainforest in Cue Phuong National Park is 200 square kilometres.
3. The best time to visit Cuc Phuong National Park is the dry season, from October to April.
4. In Cuc Phuong National Park we can see a one-thousand-year-old tree.
WHILE YOU LISTEN
Click tại đây để nghe:
Cuc Phuong, the first national park in Viet Nam, was officially opened in 1960. It is located 160 km south west of Ha Noi spanning Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh and Thanh Hoa provinces. The 200 square kilometer park attracts tourists and scientists alike. In 2002, nearly 100,000 visitors made their way to Cuc Phuong. Many come to see the work being done to protect endangered species. According to scientists, there are about 2,000 different species of flora and 450 species of fauna.
Cuc Phuong National Park has many caves. Quen Voi, also part of the park, is where Nguyen Hue's army was stationed before it made its surprise attack on Thang Long and defeated the Qing invaders in the spring of 1789.
Cuc Phuong is also home to the Muong ethnic minority, who live mainly on bee keeping and farming.
Task 1: Listen and fill in the missing information.(Nghe và điền thông tin thiếu.)
1. Cuc Phuong National Park was officially opened in_________.
2. Cuc Phuong is located_________ Hanoi.
3. In 2002, nearly_________ visited Cuc Phuong.
4. There are _________ different species of flora and_________ species of fauna.
5. Nguyen Hue's army was stationed in Quen Voi before it made its _________ on Thang Long.
1. 1960 2. 160 km/southwest of
3. 100.000 visitors
4.2,000 ; 450 5. Quen Voi
Task 2: Listen again and answer the following questions. (Nghe và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. How many provinces does Cuc Phuong National Park belong to?
2. How far is it from Hanoi to Cuc Phuong?
3. What do many people come to Cuc Phuong for?
4. When did Nguyen Hue defeat the Qing invaders?
5. What do the Muong ethnic minority in Cuc Phuong live mainly on?
1. It covers 3 provinces: Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh and Thanh Hoa.
2. It about 160 kilometeres
3. They come there to see the work being done to protect endangered species.
4. Nguyen Hue defeated the Quig invaders in the spring of 1789.
5. They live mainly on bee keeping and farming.
AFTER YOU LISTEN
Work in groups. Talk about the special features of Cuc Phuong National Park.(Làm việc từng nhóm. Nói về những nét đặc thù của công viên quốc gia Cúc Phương).
A. Cuc Phuong National Park is the first national park in Vienam.
It was officially opened to the public in 1960.
B.In this park you can find many species of flora and fauna, and see the work being done to protect threatened and endangered species of animals apart from a one- thousand -year-old tree.
C. And in this park you can visit the cave of Quen Voi, where Quang Trung’s army was stationed before its surprise attack on Thang Long.