I. Which underlined sound is pronounced differently in each group?
1. A. who B. what C. why D. where
2. A. this B. there C. than D. thank
3. A. worked B. needed C. wanted D. rented
4. A. cold B. long C. snow D. hold
II. Choose and circle the best answer A, B, C or D.
5.__________ aren't you going to Peter's party?
A. What B. Why C. How D. Where
6. We didn't go to the beach yesterday__________it was rainning.
A. and B. but C. because D. so
7. __________is that book?
A. How much B. How many C. Who D. Why
8. __________ is the continent next to Asia in the east, the Atlantic Ocean in the west, and the Mediterranean Sea in the south.
A. Asia B. Africa C. Europe D. North America
9. The river has been__________with toxic waste from local factories.
A. modem B. expensive C. noisy D. polluted
10. Don’t go there – it’s_________shop in the town.
A. more expensive B. most expensive C. the expensive D. the most expensive
11. Someone__________my CD player.
A. have stole B. has stolen C. have stolen D. has stole
12. Mozart_________more than 600 pieces of music.
A. writes B. writed C. wrote D. was wrote
III. Give the correct form of the following verbs.
13. _________________you (wear) _______________uniform yesterday?
No. I (not wear) _________________ yesterday.
14. ______________your mother (read) _____________book every night? - No, she (watch) _________________ TV.
15. He (not go) _________________ out last night, he (stay) _________________ at home.
16. _________________ Lan (learn) _________________ English for 2 years? - No, he (learn) _________________ for 3 years.
IV. Read the following passage and answer the questions.
Australia is an island continent in the South Pacific. The capital is Canberra, but the city with the biggest population is Sydney, which has nearly four million. English is the first language of most people, but there are also immigrants who speak other languages.
17. Where is Australia?
18. Is Canberra the capital of Australia?
19. What is the population of Sydney?
20. Do Australian people only speak English?
V. Rearrange the words to complete the sentences.
21. lives / very / from / he / far / office / his.
22. did/ Who/ play/ with/ you/ badminton/ yesterday?
23. lives / street / grandparents / he / Hoang Quoc Viet / his / on / with.
24. tallest / my / is / the / family / in / brother/ person / my.
VI. Rewrite the following sentences.
25. No river in the world is as long as The Nile River.
The Nile River __________________________________________.
26. Nam is taller than Ba.
27. Nam is interested in watching television.
Nam likes ______________________________________________.
28. There isn’t any sugar in the coffee.
The coffee _____________________________________________.
Lời giải chi tiết
13. Did you wear - didn’t wear
14. Does your mother read - watches
15. didn’t go - stayed
16. Has Lan learnt/ been learning - has learnt/ has been learning.
17. Australia is an island continent in the South Pacific.
18. Yes, it is.
19. It has nearly four million.
20. No, they don’t.
21. He lives with his grandparents on Hoang Quoc Viet street.
22. My brother is the tallest person in my family.
23. He lives very far from his office
24. Who did you play badminton with yesterday?
25. The Nile River is the longest river in the world.
26. Ba is not as tall as Nam.
27. Nam likes watching television.
28. The coffee doesn’t have any sugar.