I. Listen and decide if the following sentences are True or False.
1. All houses look the same from the outside to the inside.
2. The speaker finds looking at the way houses are built boring.
3. There are a lot of very old houses in London.
4. Houses in Japan, Arabia, or Greecehas their own special designs.
5. Nowadays, people prefer modern houses to energy-saving ones.
II.Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
6.A. newsreader B. weather C. week D. leave
7.A. racketsB. gogglesC. skisD. skateboards
8.A.thing B. father C. healthy D.three
III. Choose the odd one out.
9.A. comedian B. popular C. stupid D. national
10.A. polluted B. charity C. refillable D. reusable
11.A. doctor B. space C. teacher D. worker
IV. Choose the correct answer to complete these sentences.
12. I know you are ill. I hope you __________ feel better again.
A. will B. won’t C. do D. are
13. __________ we go to the beach today? ~ Great!
A. Shall B. Have C. Might D. Should
14. I’m afraid of water because I __________ swim.
A. can’t B. may C. couldn’t D. must
15. Will robots look ________ the elderly and children?
A. for B. at C. into D. after
16. ‘The car of the future will probably run on water.’ - ‘________’
A. Good job! B. How fantastic! C. Good idea! D. Well done!
17. John likes funny movies _________ he doesn’t like scary movies.
A. and B. or C. so D. therefore
18. Grandma never _________ any episodes of her favorite series.
A. misses B. watches C. forgets D. has
19. It is a strange object seen in the sky that is thought to be a spacecraft from another planet. It’s a/an ______.
A. houseboat B. skyscraper C. UFO D. motor home
20. Robots make car manufacturing ________ because they can take on dangerous jobs in place of humans.
A. stronger B. safer C. larger D. heavier
V. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in brackets.
21. His (foot) _______ are small and long.
22. Don’t make a fire here. It’s very (danger) ______.
23. Both my father and my mother are (farm) _______.
VI. Point out the mistake.
24. I often(A) go(B) jog(C) in the park(D).
25. The students(A) must wearing(B) uniform(C) to school. That’s the rule(D).
VII. Choose the word which best fits each gap.
Games and sports are an integral part of a student’s life. A student should study (26) ________ to be successful in competitive examinations. But, he should also play games and sports to enjoy the health and vigor of life. We have all heard the old (27) ________ “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”.
The benefits of playing sports are multiple, and it leads to balanced mental and physical growth. It teaches the children life skills like teamwork, leadership, patience. It teaches children discipline and playing (28) ________ the rules. Playing and excelling in sports (29) ________ teaches kids the importance of hard work, perseverance, learning from failure, and importance of grasping opportunities. All of these experiences and habits are very (30) ________ in adult life.
26.A. hard B. hardly C. widely D. easily
27.A. idiom B. speech C. saying D. slogan
28.A. within B. for C. of D. without
29.A. ever B. only C. well D. also
30.A. hopeful B. exciting C. useful D. popular
VIII. Read and choose the correct answer.
A robot is a machine. But it is not just any machine. It is a special kind of machine. It is a machine that moves. It follows instructions. The instructions come from a computer. Because it is a machine, it does not make mistakes. And it does not get tired. And it never complains. Unless you tell it to!
Robots are all around us. Some robots are used to make things. For example, robots can help make cars. Some robots are used to explore dangerous places. For example, robots can help explore volcanoes. Some robots are used to clean things. These robots can help vacuum your house. Some robots can even recognize words. They can be used to help answer telephone calls. Some robots look like humans. But most robots do not. Most robots just look like machines.
Long ago, people imagined robots. But nobody was able to make a real robot. The gist real robot was made in 1961. It was called Unimate. It was used to help make cars. It looked like a giant arm.
In the future, we will have even more robots. They will do things that we can’t do. Or they will do things that we don’t want to do. Or they will do things that are too dangerous for us. They will help make life better.
31. As used in paragraph 1, we can understand that something special is NOT ________.
A. normal B. expensive C. perfect D. tired
32. According to the author, robots cannot be used to ________.
A. explore volcanoes B. make cars C. clean your house D. do the gardening
33. What is the main purpose of paragraph 2?
A. to show how easy it is to make a robot
B. to tell what a robot is
C. to describe the things a robot can do
D. to explain the difference between a robot and a machine
34. Which of these gives the best use of a robot?
A. to help make a sandwich B. to help tie shoes
C. to help read a book D. to help explore Mars
35. How does the author feel about robots?
A. Robots are useless. B. Robots are helpful.
C. Robots are confusing. D. Robots are dangerous.
IX. Complete the second sentence so that it has the same meaning as the first one.
36. The computer was too expensive for me to buy. (enough)
=> I ________________________________________________________________________________
37. Don’t play with matches. You will hurt yourself.
=> If _______________________________________________________________________________
38. I do not run as fast as I did when I was young. (could)
=> When I __________________________________________________________________________
39. She started to work at the school canteen two months ago. (for)
=> She _____________________________________________________________________________
40. How long have you learned English? (start)
=> When ___________________________________________________________________________
Lời giải chi tiết
36. didn’t have enough money to buy the computer.
Hoặc: did not have enough money to buy the computer.
37. you play with matches, you will hurt yourself.
38. was young, I could run faster than I do now.
39. has worked at the school canteen for two months .
>> Học trực tuyến lớp 6 chương trình mới trên Tuyensinh247.com. Đầy đủ khoá học các bộ sách (Kết nối tri thức với cuộc sống; Chân trời sáng tạo; Cánh diều). Cam kết giúp học sinh lớp 6 học tốt, hoàn trả học phí nếu học không hiệu quả.