I. Listen and fill in each blank with NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS.
1. Sumo is very popular in_____________.
2. Sumo is ____________around the world.
3. Actually, the guys battling against each other are not ___________.
4. The speaker likes the ___________before the fights begin.
5. He also loves the traditions, the __________ and the costumes.
II. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently for the rest.
6. A.this B.think C.thank D.thieves
7. A. fear B. near C. really D. wear
8. A.old B. stone C. hope D. come
III. Choose the odd one out.
9. A. Japan B. Iceland C. New York D. Finland
10. A. referee B. player C. coach D. stadium
11. A. German B. American C. Italy D. English
IV. Choose the correct answer to complete these sentences.
12. _________ a nice day! Shall we go swimming?
A. How B. When C. What D. Which
13. ________________ any time playing video games last week?
A. Did you spend B. Do you spend C. Spent D. Are you spend
14. She has a black belt in karate. She first __________ karate when she was seven.
A. went B. played C. did D. made
15. It’s a device that allows you to operate a television, etc. from a distance. It is a _________.
A. channel B. MC C. TV schedule D. remote control
16. Badminton requires only a net, a racket, and a birdie or ________.
A. ball B. ski C. shuttlecock D. goggles
17. ________ spectator sports in Britain are cricket and football.
A. More popular B. The more popular C. Most popular D. The most popular
18. I really love living in Montreal _________ there are so many places to visit that are nearby.
A. but B.so C. because D. although
19. You shouldn’t throw those papers away; they’re __________.
A. refillable B. reducible C. recyclable D. repayable
V. Complete the sentences with the correct form or tense of the verbs in brackets.
Question 20. Encouraging people ___________ (use) public transport is a great way to reduce traffic jams.
Question 21. To save ____________, turn off lights and television when not in use. (electric)
Question 22. Nearly half of the people in the world are ______________ in football. (interest)
VI. Find and correct the mistakes in these sentences.
23. Paul is very tired(A) because(B) he didn’t slept(C) well(D) last night.
24.Have(A) you ever be(B) to(C) Paris(D)?
25.If(A) we polluted(B) the air, we will have(C) breathing(D) problems.
VII. Read the passage and decide if the following statements are True (T) or False (F).
Earth Day is a birthday! Just like a birthday is a special day to celebrate a person. Earth Day is a special day that celebrates the Earth. It is a day to remember to take care of our planet.
Earth Day was born on April 22,1970, in San Francisco, California. It is now the largest, most celebrated environmental event worldwide. Every year, many countries around the world join together in the celebration of Earth Day on April 22nd. On Earth Day, people celebrate by doing things that help to protect the environment. Some things people do to help the Earth are: turn off the lights to conserve energy, plant trees, recycle, and pick up garbage in their communities.
You don’t have to wait for Earth Day though, you can help the environment every day!
26. The first Earth Day was celebrated around the world. ______
27. Earth Day is a day to take care of our planet, Earth. ______
28. A few countries celebrate Earth Day. ______
29. On Earth Day, people do some good things that help the planet. ______
30. Turning lights off is a way to save energy. ______
VIII. Read and choose the correct answer to complete the following passage.
THE “UP” MOVIE
Up is a 2009 American 3D computer-animated comedy-drama buddy adventure film produced (31) ________ Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film centers on an elderly widower named Carl Fredricksen (Ed Asner) and an earnest boy named Russell (Jordan Nagai). Carl and Ellie (32) ________ up, marry and live in the restored house. After Ellie suffers a miscarriage and they are told they cannot have a child, the couple remembers their childhood dream of (33) ________ Paradise Falls. They save for the trip, but (34) ________ have to spend the money on more pressing needs. Finally, the now elderly Carl arranges for the trip but Ellie suddenly falls ill, is hospitalized, and dies. Years later in the present day, Carl still lives in the house by stubbornly holding out while the neighborhood homes are torn down and replaced by skyscrapers. However, Carl resolves to keep his promise to Ellie by turning his house into a makeshift airship using thousands of helium (35) ________. The flying house encounters a cumulonimbus storm and ends up high above South America.
31.A. by B. with C. from D. at
32.A. grows B. grew C. grow D. have grown
33.A. to visit B. visiting C. visited D. to visiting
34.A. repeat B. repeated C. repetition D. repeatedly
35.A. roofs B. balloons C. walls D. bricks
IX. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
36. It’s not good for you to stay up late and play games until midnight.
=> You _____________________________________________________________________________.
37. She has never seen the more amazing sight. (most)
>> Học trực tuyến lớp 6 chương trình mới trên Tuyensinh247.com. Đầy đủ khoá học các bộ sách (Kết nối tri thức với cuộc sống; Chân trời sáng tạo; Cánh diều). Cam kết giúp học sinh lớp 6 học tốt, hoàn trả học phí nếu học không hiệu quả.