Work in pairs. Ask and answer the following questions. (Làm việc theo cặp. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. Is your family on the phone? What is your phone number?
-> Yes, we have a phone at home. Our phone number is 3825528. (No. we don't use phone.)
2. Does any member of your family have a cellphone? What make is it?
-> Yes. we have a SAMSUNG/ NOKIA cell phone. (No, we don't have a cell phone.)
3. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of cellphones?
-> With a mobile phone, you can contact other people easily. You always feel close 10 your family even when you are away from home. However, you don't have much privacy.
While you listen
You will hear some information about the development of Vietnam's telephone system over the past few years. Listen and do the tasks that follow. (Bạn sec nghe một số thông tin về sự phát triển của hệ thống điện thoại của Việt Nam trong vài năm qua. Lắng nghe và làm nhiệm vụ tiếp theo.)
Task 1. Listen and choose the best answer A, B, C or D for the following Statements and question. (Lắng nghe và chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất A, B, C hoặc D cho các câu nói và câu hỏi sau đây.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. According to the passage, Vietnam ranks……………..for growth in the number of telephone subscribers.
A.6th B.2nd C. 30th D. 8th
2. Vietnam is among the……… countries in the world that have more than two million telephones.
A.6 B.140 C.13 D.30
3. In 1996, Vietnam began upgrading its………… networks.
A.mobile phone C.fixed telephone
B.subscribet D.post office
4. According to the passage, at present,……… per cent of communes across Vietnam have telephone services.
A. 90 B. 80 C. 14 D.93
5. Which aspect of development in Vietnam’s telecommunication is NOT mentioned in the listening passage?
A. The increase in the number of telephones.
B. The growth in the capacity of the mobile phone system, c. The change of the international telephone system.
D. The reduction in monthly telephone fees.
1. B 2.D 3. C 4. D 5. C
Over the past few years. Vietnam has qitickly developed its telephone system. Vietnam ranks second only to China for growth in the number of telephone subscribers. It is among the 30 countries in the world that have more than two million telephone subscribers.
In the early 1990s, there were only 140.000 telephones across Vietnam. At present, we have more than six million subscribers.
In 1996, Vietnam began upgrading its fixed telephone network and changing numbers from six to seven digits in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City as well as five to six digits in other provinces.
Five years later, the mobile phone system was upgraded to meet the growth of customer demand. Since 2000, Vietnam has reduced the price of several services, especially in the monthly fees for fixed and mobile telephones.
In the future, more attention will be paid to the rural areas. At present, 93 percent of communes across Vietnam have telephone services. A network of 6.014 communal post offices have been set up across the country.
Task 2. Listen again to answer the following questions. (Lắng nghe một lần nữa để trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. According to the passase, which country has the highest growth in the number of telephone subscribers?
—> China has the highest growth in the number of telephone subscribers.
2. How many telephones were there in Vietnam in the early 1990s?
—> In the early 1990s, there were only 140.000 telephones in Vietnam.
3. How were the fixed telephone numbers changed in 1996?
—> In 1996, the fixed telephone numbers were changed from six to seven digits in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City as well as five to six digits in other provinces.
4. When did the change of mobile telephone numbers take place?
-> In 2001.
5. According to the passage, how many communal post offices are there in Vietnam?
—> There are 6,014 communal post offices in Vietnam.
After you listen
Work in groups. Summarise the main ideas of the listening passasge. Your summary should have the following points. (Làm việc theo nhóm. Tóm tắt những ý chính của đoạn văn vừa nghe. Tóm tắt của bạn cần phải có những điểm sau đây.)
A: Over the past few years. Vietnam telephone system has quickly developed and ranks second to China in growth telephone numbers.
B: And in 1996, Vietnam upgraded its fixed telephone network by adding one digit in telephone system throughout the country.
C: In 2002, mobile phone system was introduced and upgraded.
D: And since 2000, Vietnam has reduced the monthly telephone fees for both fixed and mobile phones.
A: In the future. Vietnam will expand the telephone networks to rural areas.
>>>>>Khai giảng Luyện thi Trắc nghiệm THPT Quốc gia 2018 - Tất cả các môn bởi các Thầy Cô uy tín, nổi tiếng học hiệu quả, dễ hiểu