Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. Add ’ll/will,or ’d/would if necessary.
Exercise 1. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. Add ’ll/will or ’d/would if necessary. (Chia các động từ trong ngoặc ở dạng đúng. Thêm 'll/will, hoặc 'd/would nếu cần thiết.)
1. I (drive)………… to work if I had a car.
2. Where in Vietnam would you like to live if you (can) ……….choose?
3. If the weather (be) ………….good, we will have lunch outside.
4. If the company offers me a job, I think I (take) ………..it.
5. Many people would be out of work if that factory (close) ………….down.
6. It you finish before 4:30, I (come) …………..and pick you up.
1. world drive 3. Is 5. closed
2. could choose 4. will take 6. will come
Exercise 2. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form. (Chia các động từ trong ngoặc ở dạng đúng.)
1. They would have paid you more if they (be told)……….of its value.
2. If I (realise) ………..that Greg wanted to get up early, I would have woken him up.
3. If you had had breakfast, you (not/be)………….hungry.
4. If they had had enough money, they (buy)……………that house.
5. If he (study) ……………harder, he would have passed the exams.
1. had been told 4. would have bought
2. had realized 5. had studied
3. wouldn't have been
Exercise 3. Change the following conditional sentences into reported speech. (Chuyển các câu điều kiện sau thành câu tường thuật.)
1. “I will come to see you if I have time,” the man said to her.
2. “What would you say if someone stepped on your feet?” he asked her.
3. “If it doesn’t rain, we will go out with you,” they said to me.
4. “What would you do if you were a billionaire?” the man asked the woman.
5. “If you had asked me, I would have lent vou my motorbike.” the man said to me.
6. “They would be very disappointed if you did not come," the man said to his daughter.
7.“I’m sure they will understand if you explain the situation to them” the boy said to the girl.
1. The men told her he would come to see her if he had time.
2. He asked her what she would say if someone stepped on her feet.
3. They told me if it didn't rain, they would go out with me.
4. The man asked the woman what she would do if she were a billionaire.
5. The man told me if I had asked him, he would have lend me his motorbike.
6. The man told his daughter the would be very disappointed if she didn't come.
7. The boy told the girl he was sure they would understand if she explained the situation to them.