Work in pairs. Discuss the following questions. (Làm việc theo cặp. Thảo luận các câu hỏi sau.)
1. Do you think that our world is overpopulated?
(Bạn có nghĩ rằng thế giới chúng ta hiện đang quá đông dân?)
- Yes, I do.
2. What continent has the largest population?
(Châu lục nào có dân số đông nhất?)
- Asia does.
While you listen
- You will hear Dr. Brown, a world population expert, talk about the world population. Listen to the interview and do the tasks that follow. ( bạn sẽ nghe tiến sĩ Brown, một chuyên gia dân số thế giới, nói về dân số thế giới. Nghe cuộc phỏng vấn và làm các bài tập theo sau.)
Task 1. Choose the best answer A, B, C or D for the following statements and questions. (Chọn đáp án đúng nhất A, B, C hoặc D cho các câu sau)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. The expert says that there are………..people in the world today.
A. over 6.7 billion C. about 6.7 million
B. 6.7 billion D. 6.6 billion
2. According to the expert, the population of the world increases by……….a year.
A. 66 million
B. about 66 million
C. 76 billion
D. about 76 million
3. According to the expert, the area that has the highest population growth rate is……...
C. Latin America
D. the Middle East
4. Scientists say that the main reason for population explosion is……………
A. death rates
B. birth rates
C. an increase in death rates
D. a decrease in death rates
5. Which of the following problems is NOT mentioned by the speaker?
A literacy C. shortage of food
B. lack of hospitals and schools D. poor living conditions
6. Which of the following solutions is NOT mentioned by the speaker?
A. providing safe, inexpensive birth control methods
B. educating people
C. advising people to use birth control methods
D. strictly implementing a family planning policy
1. A 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. A 6. C
Interviewer: Good evening ladies and gentlemen. In our program tonight, we are honoured to have Dr. Brown, a world famous population expert. Dr. Brown, could you tell us something about the world population?
Dr. Brown: Well, there arc over 6.700 million people in the world today, and the total is increasing at the rate of about 76 million a year. Experts say that the population of the world could be over 7 billion by the year 2015.
Interviewer: Do all parts of the world have the same rate of population growth?
Dr. Brown: No, they don't. The population is growing more quickly in some parts of the world than others. Latin America ranks first. Africa second, and Asia third.
Interviewer What is the main reason for the population explosion?
Dr. Brown: Well, I think the main reason is a fail in death rates. This is due to the improvement of the living conditions and mcdieal care.
Interviewer: I believe the explosion of population has caused many problems. Is it right?
Dr. Brown: Yes, it is. It caused a lot of problems such as shortage of food, lack of hospitals and schools, illiteracy, and low living standards.
Interviewer: Can you make some suggestions on how to solve these problems?
Dr. Broun: I think, there are a number of solutions to the problems. The first is to educate people and make them aware of the danger of having more children. The second is to provide safe, inexpensive birth- control methods. The third is to strictly implement a family planning policy. And the fourth is to exercise strict and fair reward and punishment policies.
Interviewer: Thank you very much for being with us tonight, Dr. Brown.
Dr. Brown: You’re welcome.
Task 2. Listen again and answers the following questions. (Nghe lại và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. According to experts, what will the population of the world be by the year 2015? (Theo các chuyên gia, đến năm 2015 dân số thế giới là bao nhiêu?)
- > According to ihe experts, by the year 2015, the population of the world will be over 7 billion.
2. What did the expert say about the population growth rates in some parts of the world?
(Chuyên gia nói gì về tỉ lệ phát triển dân số ớ một số nơi trên thế giới?)
—> He said that the population growth rates in some parts of the world are not the same. The population grows more quickly in some parts of the world than others.
3. According to the expert, what is the reason for a fall in the death rates?
(Theo chuyên gia, vì sao tỉ lệ tử vong giảm?)
—> According to the expert, the reason for a fall in the death rates is the improvement of public health services and medical care.
4. According to the expert, what problems does population explosion cause to the world, particularly to developing countries?
(Theo chuyên gia, sự bùng nổ dân số gây ra vấn đề gì cho thế giới, đặc biệt là các nưởc đang phát triển?)
—> The problems population explosion causes to the world, particularly to developing countries are shortage of foods, lack of hospitals and schools, illiteracy, and poor living conditions.
5. How many solutions did the expen offer and what are they?
(chuyên gia đã đưa ra bao nhiêu giải pháp và những giải pháp đó là gì?)
—> The expert offered 4 solutions. They are (a) to educate people and make them aware of the danger of having more children, (b) to provide safe, inexpensive birth-control methods, (c) to stricth implement a family planning policy, and (d) to exercise strict and fair reward and punishment policies.
After you listen
Listen again. Work in groups. The summarise the main ideas of the passage. (Nghe lại. Làm việc theo nhóm. Tóm tắt đại ý của đoạn vãn.)
Học sinh có thể tóm tắt bảng các câu lời các câu hỏi sau:
- How many questions did the interview ask?
- What is the interview about?
What did the expert say about the population of the world, the causes of population explosion, the problems it causes to the world, particularly to developing countries, and the solutions to the problems?
>>>>>Khai giảng Luyện thi Trắc nghiệm THPT Quốc gia 2018 - Tất cả các môn bởi các Thầy Cô uy tín, nổi tiếng học hiệu quả, dễ hiểu