Explain what the words below mean, using the phrases from the box.
Exercise 1. Explain what the words below mean, using the phrases from the box.
1. (a burelar)A burelar is someone who breaks into a house to steal something.
2. (a customer) A customer is someone that buys something from a shop.
3. (a shoplifter)A shoplifter is someone that steal from a shop.
4. (a coward) A coward is someone that is not brave.
5. (a tenant) A tenant is someone that pays rent to live in a house or a flat.
Exercise 2. Complete each sentence, using who, whom, or whose.
1. A pacifist is a person ………..believes that all wars are wrong.
2. An orphan is a child…………….parents are dead.
3.I don’t know the name of the woman……………I met yesterday.
4. This school is only for children……………….first language is not English.
5. The woman………………I wanted to see was away on holiday.
1. who 2. Whose 3. whom/ who 4. whose 5. whom/ who
Exercise 3. Join the sentences, using who, that, or which.
1. A man answered the phone. He told me you were away.
-> The man who answered the phone told me you were away.
2. A waitress served us. She was very impolite and impatient .
-> The waitress who served us was very impolite and impatient.
3. A building was destroyed in the fire. It has now been rebuilt.
-> The building which was destroyed in the fire has now been rebuilt.
4. Some people were aưested. Thev have now been released.
-> People who were arrested have now been released.
5. A bus goes to the airport. It runs every half an hour.
-> The bus which goes to the airport runs every half an hour.
Exercise 4. Join the sentences below, using who, whose, or which.
1. Peter is studying French and German. He has never been abroad.
2. You’ve all met Michael Wood. He is visitine us for a couple of days.
3. We are moving to Manchester. Manchester is in the north-west.
4. I’ll be staying with Adrian. His brother is one of my closest friends.
5. John Bridge is one of my oldest friends. He has just gone to live in Canada
1. Peter, who has never been abroad, is studying F & G.
2. You've all met Michael Wood, who is visiting us for a couple of days.
3. We are moving to Manchester, which is in the north-west.
4. I’ll stay with Adrian, whose brother is one of my closest friends.
5. John Bridge, who has just gone to live in Canada, is one...