Put the words in the correct order to make sentences, writing the main verb in the present simple and making the other an infinitive with to.
E. LANGUAGE FOCUS
Exercise 1.Put the words in the correct order to make sentences, writing the main verb in the present simple and making the other an infinitive with to.
(Đặt các từ đúng thứ tự để tạo thành các câu, viết động từ chính ở thì hiện tại đơn và động từ khác dưới hình thức nguyên mẫu có to.)
1. who something eat want?
2. letters I write some have.
3. delighted hear I be the news.
4. my shopping some mother do have.
5. always much talk have you too about.
6. lovely see it again you be.
7. out cold it go too be.
8. passed exams know happy I be that you have the.
1. Who wants something to eat?
2. I have some letters to write.
3. I am/ was deliehted to hear the news.
4. My mother has some shopping to do.
5. You always have too much to talk about.
6. It's lovely to see you again.
7. It is/ was too cold to go out.
8. I am happy to know that you have passed the exams.
Exercise 2. Rewrite the sentences, using the words given in brackets.
(Viết lại câu, sử dụng các từ cho sẵn trong ngoặc.)
1. They Slot out of the car. (The police watched)
2. They allowed him to write a letter to his wife. (They let)
3. They talked in the next room. (I heard)
4. The customs officer told him to open the briefcase. (The customs officer made)
5. The cat jumped through the window. (The boy saw)
6. Maybe the company will ask him to pay some extra money. (Do yon think the company will make)
7. The animal moved towards me. I felt it. (I felt)
8. She wants to go for a picnic. (Do you think her parents will let)
1. The police watched them set out of the car.
2. They let him write a letter to his wife.
3. I heard them talk in the next room.
4. The customs officer made him open the briefcase.
5. The boy saw the cat jump through the window.
6. Do you think the company will make him pay some extra money?
7. I felt the animal move towards me.
8. Do you think her parents will let her go for a picnic?