Work with a partner. Look at the pictures and answer the questions. (Làm việc với một bạn học. Nhìn vào hình ảnh và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
1. What are the names of these sports?
(Tên các môn thể thao này là gì?)
2. Have you ever watched sports like these on television?
(Bạn đã từng xem các môn thể thao như này trên TV chưa?)
3. Which sport(s) do you like best? Why?
(Bạn thích môn thể thao nào nhất? Tại sao?)
2. - No, I haven't.
- Yes, I often watch these sports on TV every night.
3. I like swimming best because swimming is easy on the joints, making it suitable for every age and stage of life.
Liste and repeat.
Click tại đây để nghe:
coming live freestyle gymnasium land Lee Bong-ju
land bar gymnast Vichai
While you listen
Task 1. Listen and choose the best answer A, B, C or D for the following sentences. (Lắng nghe và chọn câu trả lời tốt nhất A, B, C hoặc D cho các câu sau đây.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
Good evening. It's 10.15 and it’s time for “The Asian Games Report". It’s the 3rd day of the Games. Well, today’s most important event was the women's 200 metre freestyle. The Japanese, Yuko was first and got the gold medal. She made a new world record time of 1 minute 58 seconds. The Japanese athletes won two sold medals yesterday, and three the day before, so in the first three days they've won six sold medals.
…. Here were in the Gymnasium. Lily, the Chinese gymnast, has just finished her display. She's got an average of 9.5 points. That’s the best score today! Lily’s won the gold medal!
... And this is Lee Bong-ju coming from Korea. This is the second time he competed in the long jump at the Asian Games. Last time, he jumped 8.5 metres. Today he's won a gold medal for men's long jump. He jumped 8.9 metres.
.. Now we're waiting for the last high jumper. Vichai eoming from Thailand, he bar is at 2.30 metres and... it seems too high for him. Vichai has just jumped!
…Oh! He's crashed into the bar! He’s landing. The bar has fallen too. He's getting up and walking away. But he’s very disappointed.
1. Yuko won the gold medal in women’s swimming. She set a new world record time of…...
A. 200 seconds C. 1 minute 58 seconds
B. 1 minute 38 seconds D. 1 minute 48 seconds
2. Lily got an average of……………points in her gymnastics event.
A. 9.5 B. 5.9 C. 15 D. 5
3. Lee Bong-ju jumped ……………..and he won the gold medal in men’s long jump.
A. 8.5 m B. 8.9 m C. 9.8 m D. 18 m
4. The bar that Vichai had to jump over was at……………..
A. 3.2m B. 2.3 m C. 2.0 m D. 2.5 m
5. Which of the following sports events was NOT mentioned in the report?
A. swimming C. long and high jumps
B. gymnastics. D. weightlifting
1. C 2. A 3. B
4. B 5. D
Task 2. Listen again and answer the following questions. (Lắng nghe một lần nữa và trả lời các câu hỏi sau đây.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. What time was "The Asian Games Report" programme?
(Chương trình "Tường thuật Thế vận hội Châu Á" vào lúc mấy giờ?)
2. How many gold medals have the Japanese athletes won in the first three days?
(Vận động viên người Nhật giành được bao nhiêu huy chương vàng trong ba ngày thi đấu đầu tiên?)
3. How many times has Lee Bong-ju competed in the long jump?
(Lee Bong-ju đã tham gia nhảy xa bao nhiêu lần?)
4. What was the last sports event mentioned in the report?
(Môn thi thể thao nào được đề cập cuối cùng trong bài tường thuật?)
5. How was Vichai after he finished his performance?
(Vichai cảm thấy thế nào sau khi anh ta kết thúc bài biểu diễn?)
1. 10.15 p.m.
2. 6 gold medals.
3. 2 times.
4. High jump.
5. He was very disappointed.
After you listen
Work in groups. Talk about a famous athlete you know. (Làm việc theo nhóm. Nói về một vận động viên nổi tiếng mà bạn biết.)
Be ready to talk about:
- His/ her life.
- His/ her achievenients (for example, how many medals has he/ she won?)
- What you like about him/ her?
Tiger Woods was born on 30th December 1975 in Califortia, USA, of mixed heritage: he describes himself as quarter black, a quarter Thai, a quarter Chinese, an eighth white and an eighth American Indian. His father, Earl Woods, named him Tiger as his friend's name who saved his life in the Vietnam war.
He was only nine months old when he started to play golf and play his first game at 1.5 years old. His father was first teacher.
At the age of eight, he won a tournament and five more before he was 16. On 08-4-2011. Tiger Woods made golf history. He became the first golfer to win all four major-the most important toumaments-within the same year.
He helps to make golf more popular with all ages and levels, and people agree that he is probably the greatest golfer of all time. Certainly, he is already one of the richest.
He now earns more than $50.000.000 a year. He has a $100 million deal with Nike and also American Express, Buick Rolexand Wheaties.
What advice would he give prospective parents of golf champions? “Do not force kids into sports. It has to be fun".
The best advice he ever got/ from his dad is: "Always be yourself”.