Task 1. Listen to the dialogue about the Boston Marathon and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).( lắng nghe cuộc đối thoại về Marathon Boston và quyết định việc các báo cáo đúng (T) hoặc sai (F))
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. The Boston Marathon is held every 4 years in the USA. T
2. It began in 1987 F
(It began in 1897.)
3. John McDermott clocked 2 hours 15 minutes and 10 seconds. F
(Not 15 minutes —> 50 minutes.)
4. Women were officially allowed to participate in the races in 1957. F
(Not "in 1957" — > 1967).
5. In 1984, 34 countries took part in the marathon. T
6. According to the race's rules, runners have to go through 13 towns during the race. It ends in the centre of Boston. F
Not runners have to pass the centre of Boston —> Runners have to go through 13 towns during the race. The race ends in the centre of Boston.
Trang: What are you reading, Paul?
Paul: The history of Boston Marathon.
Trang: It sounds interesting! How often is it held?
Paul: Every year, in the USA.
Trang: When did it begin?
Paul: In 1897. And the same year, John McDermott won the first Boston Athletic Association Marathon.
Trang: Who was John McDermott? Where did he come from?
Paul: He was the first man who won the first Boston Marathon in the USA.
Ha came from New York.
Trang: How long did it take him to reach the finish?
Paul: He clocked 2 hours 50 minutes and 10 seconds.
Trang: Did women have right to participate in long distance running?
Paul: Yes... But not until 1967, women were formally accepted to take part in the Boston races... A few years later. Kuscsik became the first official female champion.
Trang: When did she win the race?
Paul: In 1972. There were 8 women starting the race and all 8 finished.
Trang: Is the race held for only American people?
Paul: No. Each year, more runners from every part of the world join it. In
1984, 6164 runners from 34 countries ran in the marathon.
Trang: What are the rules of the Boston Marathon?
Paul: The Boston race is about 42km. Runners have to go throush 13 towns during the race. It ends in the centre of Boston.
Trang: Oh, that's great. Thanks a lot, Paul.
Task 2. Listen again and answer the following questions. (Lắng nghe một lần nữa và trả lời các câu hỏi sau đây.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. Where did John McDermott come from?
—> He came from New York.
2. When did Kuscsik become the first official female champion?
—> She became the first official female champion in 1972.
3. How many women started and finished the race in 1972?
—> 8 women started and finished the race in 1972.
4. How many runners joined the Boston Marathon in 1984?
—>6164 runners joined the Boston Marathon in 1984.
>>>>>Khai giảng Luyện thi Trắc nghiệm THPT Quốc gia 2018 - Tất cả các môn bởi các Thầy Cô uy tín, nổi tiếng học hiệu quả, dễ hiểu