Task 1. Work in pairs. Ask and answer the following questions. (Làm việc theo cặp. Hỏi và trả lời các câu hỏi sau.)
1. When do you like to organize your birthday party, during the day or in the evening? (Thời điểm nào bạn muốn tổ chức tiệc, ban ngày hay buổi tối?)
—>I'd like to organize my birthday party in the evening.
2. What foods and drinks are often served al your birthday party?
(Loại thức ăn và đồ uống nào bạn thường đãi khách trong bừa tiệc sinh nhật của bạn?)
—> At my birthday party I usually serve fruit, candy, soft drinks and cake, of course.
3. What activities do you often have at your birthday party?
(Hoạt động nào bạn thường tổ chức trong bữa tiệc sinh nhật của bạn?)
—> We usually sine our favourite songs.
While you listen
Task 1. Listen and decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F). (Nghe và quyết định xem các câu sau đúng hay sai.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. Mai's birthday party was held at home in the evening. F
2. Over twenty guests were at the birthday parts. F
3. The birthday cake was cut at the beginning of the party. F
4. The birthday party lasted about three hours. T
5. All the friends stayed after the party to tidy up the mess. F
Mai is my neighbor. She turned 16 recently and her parents held a birthday party for her. I was one of those invited.
The party began at about three in the afternoon. There were about twenty of us gathering in Mars house. She didn't like having the party at a restaurant because it is noisy and expensive.
We gave presents to Mai and she happily opened them. It must really be exciting to receive all those presents. After that Mai's mother served us soft drinks and biscuits. We then listened to music and played cards. The winners were given prizes. At about four thirty Mai's mother brought out the birthday cake. It was beautifully decorated with pink and white icing. Sixteen colourful candles sat in the middies of the cake. We all clapped our hands eagerly and sang “Happy Birthday" as she blew out the candles and cut the cake. We helped ourselves to slice of the delicious cake and sang all the songs that we knew.
Finally at about six in the evening the party came to an end. We were all tired but happy. The parents of other children came to collect them by motorbikes. I helped Mai and her mother clean up the mess we had made. After that I walked home, which was only three doors away.
Task 2. Listen again and answer the following questions. (Nghe lại lần nữa và trả lời các câu hỏi.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
1. How old was Mai?
—> She was 16 years old.
2. Why didn't she like having her party at a restaurant?
—> Because it's noisy and expensive.
3. What did Mai's mother serve the guests at the beginning of the party?
—> She served them soft drinks and biscuits at the beginning of the party.
4. What time was the birthday cake brought out?
—> The birthday cake was brought out at about 4:30.
5. What was the birthday cake like?
—> It was beautifully decorated with pink and white icing.
6. What did all the guests do while Mai was cutting the cake?
—> They clapped their hands eagerly and sang “HAPPY BIRTHDAY".
7. What time did the birthday party finish?
—> At about six in the evening.
After you listen
Work in groups. Take turns to talk about Mai’s birthday party. (Làm việc theo nhóm. Lần lượt kể lại bữa tiệc sinh nhật của Mai.)
>>>>> Học tốt lớp 11 các môn Toán, Lý, Anh, Hóa năm 2018 bởi các Thầy Cô uy tín, nổi tiếng học hiệu quả, dễ hiểu