Tổng hợp bài tập phần Skills 1 Unit 5 Trang 56 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Read an article about the Perfume Pagoda. Look at the words in the box, then find them in the text and underline them. What do they mean?
Đọc bài báo sau về chùa Hương. Nhìn vào các từ bảng rồi tìm những từ đó trong đoạn văn và gạch chân. Chúng có nghĩa là gì?
Perfume Pagoda is a religious site as well as being a great sight-seeing spot in Viet Nam. It is situated in Huong Son Commune, My Due District, Ha Noi. It is a vast complex of Buddhist temples and shrines, including Den Trinh (Presentation Shrine) and Thien Tru (Heaven Kitchen) Pagoda, in the limestone Huong Tich mountains. The centre of this complex is the Perfume Temple, also called Chua Trong (Inner Temple), located in Huong Tich Cavern. It is thought that the first temple was built on the current site of Thien Tru in the 15th century during the reign of Le Thanh Tong. Over the years some of its structures which were in ruins have been restored or replaced.
Many Vietnamese works of literature, both old and modern, have made Perfume Pagoda their focus. It has also provided backdrops for many famous paintings. Its beauty has been used as a theme of many famous songs and a topic of lyric poetry. Nowadays during its festival (from the middle of January to the middle of March on the lunar calendar), Perfume Pagoda attracts large numbers of pilgrims from all over Viet Nam.
2. Read the article again and answer the questions
Đọc bài báo và trả lời câu hỏi
1. Where is the Perfume Pagoda located?
2. What does the complex of the Perfume Pagoda include?
3. Where is the centre of this complex located?
4. What is special about the beauty of the Perfume Pagoda?
5. Who visits the Perfume Pagoda during its religious festival?
- It is located in Huong Son Commune, My Due District, Ha Noi.
- It includes Den Trinh (Presentation Shrine), Thien Tru (Heaven Kitchen) Pagoda, and the Perfume Temple.
- The centre of this complex, the Perfume Temple, also known as ChuaTrong (Inner Temple), is located in Huong Tich Cavern.
- Its beauty has been used as a theme of many famous songs and a topic of lyric poetry.
- Pilgrims from all over Viet Nam do.
3. Work in pairs. Below are some of the that have caused damage to the man- wonders of Viet Nam. Put them in order of seriousness. Give your reasons. Can you any more?
Làm việc theo cặp. Dưới đây là một vài điều gây hại cho kì quan nhân tạo ở Việt Nam. Đặt chúng theo trình tự nghiêm trọng dần. Đưa ra lí do. Bạn có thêm gì không?
a. Many roads, hotels, factories, etc., have been ¡aaround man-made wonders.
b. Too many tourists visit man-made wonders every day.
c. Local governments don't have long-term measures to protect man-made wonders from severe conditions.
d. Recent restorations have changed the original structure of some man-made wonders.
e. Many valuable things have been stolen from man-made wonders
4a. Work in pairs. Use the ideas in 3 to suggest ways to protect and preserve the man-made wonders of Viet Nam.
Làm việc theo cặp. Sử dụng 3 ý tưởng để gợi ý cách bảo vệ và bảo tồn các kì quan nhân tạo của Việt Nam.
b. Report your best ideas to the class
Thuyết trình những ý tưởng hay nhất cho cả lớp nghe