1. Underline the dependent clause in each sentence below. Say whether it is a dependent clause of concession (DC), of purpose (DP), of reason (DR), or of time (DT).
Gạch chân mệnh đề phụ thuộc trong mỗi câu dưới đây. Xem xét xem mệnh đề nào là mệnh đề nhựơng bộ( DC), mệnh đề chỉ mục đích ( DP), mệnh đề chỉ nguyên nhân( DR), mệnh đề thời gian( DT).
When people talk about traditional paintings, they think of Dong Ho village.
( Khi nói về tranh truyền thống, họ thường nghĩ về làng Đông Hồ)
My sister went to Tay Ho village in Hue so that she could buy some bai tho conical hats.
( Chị tôi đến làng Tây Hồ ở Huế để chị ây có thể mua được chiếc nón bài thơ.)
Although this museum is small, it has many unique artefacts.
( Mặc dù bào tàng nhỏ nhưng nó có nhiều đồ tạo tác độc đáo.)
This square is our favourite place to hang out because we have space to skateboard.
( Quảng trường này là nơi yêu thích của chúng tớ để chơi bởi vì chúng tôi có không gian để chơi trượt ván.)
The villagers have to dry the buffalo skin under the sun before they make the drumheads.
( Người dân phải phơi khô da trâu trước khi họ làm mặt trống. )
2. Make a complex sentence from each pair of sentences. Use the subordinator provided and make any necessary changes.
Nối thành các câu phức. Sử dụng liên từ phụ thuộc được cung cấp và có thể thay đổi nếu cần thiết
- The villagers are trying to learn English.They can communicate with foreign customers, (in order that)
- We ate lunch.Then we went to Non Nuoc marble village to buy some souvenirs, (after)
- This hand-embroidered picture was expensive. We bought it. (even though)
- This department store is an attraction in my city. The products are of good quality, (because)
- This is called a Chuong conical hat. It was made in Chuong village, (since).
- The villagers are trying to learn English in order that they can communicate with foreign customers.
- After we had eaten lunch, we went to Non Nuoc marble village to buy some souvenirs.
- Even though this hand-embroidered picture was expensive, we bought it.
- This department store is an attraction in my city because the products are of good quality.
- This is called a Chuong conical hat since it was made in Chuong village.
3. Read this part of the conversation from GETTING STARTED. Pay attention to the underlined part and answer the questions.
Đọc đoạn hội thoại từ phần Getting Started. Tập trung vào phần được gạch chân và trả lời câu hỏi.
1. set up: start something (a business, an organisation, etc.)
take over: take control of something (a business, an organisation, etc.)
2. No, the individual words in the verb phrase do not help with comprehension. This is why they are sometimes considered difficult.
4. Match the phrasal verbs in A with their meaning in B.
Nối những cụm động từ ở cột A với nghĩa của nó ở cột B
Key: 1.c 2. g 3. f 4. a 5. h 6. b 7. e 8. d
5. Complete each sentence using the correct form of a phrasal verb in 4. You don't need to use all the verbs.
Hoàn thành các câu sau với dạng đúng cuat cụm động từ ở bài 4. Không cần sử dụng tất cả các động từ.
- We must______ the reality that our handicrafts are in competition with those of other villages.
- I invited her to join our trip to Trang An, but she ______ my invitation.
- The craft of basket weaving is usually from generation to generation.
- Do you think we can____ selling silk scarves as souvenirs?
- They had to_____ the museum because it's no longer a place of interest.
- What time______ you_______ from the trip last night?
- face up to
- turned down
- passed down
- live on
- close down
- did... come back
6. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first sentence, using the word given.
Hoàn thành câu sao cho nghĩa của câu thứ 2 giống với câu đầu tiên. Sử dụng các từ được cho
1. Where did you get the information about Disneyland Resort?
2. What time did you get out of bed this morning?
3. I'll read this leaflet to see what activities are organised at this attraction.
4 They're going to publish a guidebook to different beauty spots in Viet Nam. out
5. I'm think ng with pleasure about the weekend!
- Where did you find out about Disneyland Resort?
- When did you get up this morning?
- I'll look through this leaflet to see what activities are organised at this attraction.
- They're going to bring out a guidebook to different beauty spots in Viet Nam.
- I'm looking forward to the weekend!