Tổng hợp bài tập phần Skills 1 Trang 22 SGK Tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Work in pairs. What features are important to you in a city? Put the following in order 1-8(1 is the most important).
Làm việc theo cặp. Theo bạn đặc điểm nào quan trọng nhất ở 1 thành phố? Xếp theo thứ tự từ 1-8( 1 là cái quan trọng nhất)
2. Read the passage quickly and find the information to fill the blanks.
Đọc đoạn văn và tìm thông tin điền vào chỗ trống
- The name of the organisation doing the survey:
- The year of the survey:
- The names of the best city and the worst cities:
Which is the best city in the world to live in? Every year, the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) conducts a fascinating survey to determine which cities around the world “provide the best or worst living conditions”. It uses factors such as climate, transport, education, safety, and recreational facilities in cities. It gives scores for each, and ranks the cities in order - from the best to the worst.
For the year 2014, the top 10 cities came from Australia, Canada, Europe, and New Zealand. Melbourne in Australia had the highest score, which means it is the most ‘liveable’ city. Some famous cities came in the top 20, such as Tokyo (19th) and Paris (17th). Perhaps surprisingly, Osaka (13th) had the best score in Asia.
Cities with major conflicts tended to score the lowest. In these countries, living conditions were the most difficult or dangerous. Among the worst cities on the
list were Dhaka in Bangladesh, Tripoli in Libya, and Douala in Cameroon.
However, some other organisations _ individuals would like to add other factors I the index. They say that a city's green sp urban sprawl, natural features, cul attractions, convenience, and pollution sho*“ be added to the list.
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU)
- The best city: Melbourne
The worst cities: Dhaka, Tripoli, and Douala
3. Read the passage again and answer questions.
Đọc lại đoạn văn và trả lời câu hỏi
- What factors are used by the EIU to rank world's cities?
- Where were some famous cities on the list?
- Why were Dhaka, Tripoli, and Douala ran« among the worst cities?
- Which was the most ‘liveable’ city in Asia?
- What are some factors that should be addec the index?
1. Climate, transport, education, safety, and recreational facilities in cities (are used).
2. Among the top 20.
3. Because the living conditions there were the most difficult or dangerous.
4. Osaka was.
5. They are a city's green space, urban sprawl, natural features, cultural attractions, convenience, and pollution.
4a. Work in groups of five or six. Conduct a survey to rank your own town/city or a town city you know. Give from 10 points (the best to 1 point (the worst) to each factor.
Ask each student in your group the question: "How many points do you give to factor 1 - safety? "
Then write the points in the table.
Làm việc theo nhóm 5-6 người. Thực hiện một cuộc khảo sát để xếp loại thành phố của bạn hoặc 1 thành phố mà bạn biết. Tối đa là 10 điểm ( 1 điểm là thấp nhất với mỗi đặc điểm)
Hỏi mỗi bạn trong nhóm câu hỏi " Bạn cho đặc điểm 1 bao nhiêu điểm?"
Sau đó viết điểm vào bảng
b, Work out the final result of your group. Then present it to the class. Is your group's result the same or different from that of other groups?
Tiến hành khảo sát rồi thuyết trình cho cả lớp cùng nghe. Kết quả của nhóm bạn giống hay khác các nhóm khác.