1. Work with a partner. Look at the pictures. Talk about the way things used to be and the way they are now. (Hãy làm việc với bạn em. Nhìn những bức tranh sau và nói về sự khác nhau giữa sự việc thường xảy ra trong quá khứ và sự việc xảy ra ở hiện tại.)
- People used to live in cottages or small houses, but now they live in modem ats. bigger houses or high buildings.
- People used to work hard, but now they have more free time for entertainment. People used to do tiring and low-paid jobs on farms or in the fields, but now rev can do lighter and higher-paid jobs in offices or firms.
- People used to travel on foot, but now they can go by bicycle, by motorbike by car or even by plane.
- People used not to go to school, but now they can go to school and pursue interests outside the homes.
- there used not to be electricity in the home, but now there is electricity in almost everywhere.
- There used not to be facilities such as schools, hospitals, hotels and markets. Now there are enough facilities for people to live on.
- There used not to be telephones, telegraph lines, internet services. Now there are telephones, telegraph lines and internet services available for people to use.
2. Now tell your partner about the things you used to do last year. (Bây giờ hãy cho bạn em biết em thường làm gì năm ngoái.)
- Last year I used to stay up late. Now I go to bed early.
- Last year 1 used to watch TV late. Now I don't watch TV late.
- Last year I used to study badly. Now I study hard.
- Last year I used to play table tennis. Now I seldom play table tennis; I play the guitar.
- Last year I used to drink coffee. Now I never drink coffee.
- Last year I used to stay up late playing computer games.Now 1 stay up late studying mv lessons for the next exam.