Read this poem about the environment. MUMMY, OH MUMMY “Mummy, oh Mummy, what’s going to happen If all the pollution goes on?”
Read this poem about the environment.
Click tại đây để nghe:
MUMMY, OH MUMMY
"Mummy, oh Mummy, what’s going to happen
If all the pollution goes on?”
"Well the world will end up like a second-hand junk-yard,
With all of its treasures quite gone.
The fields will be littered with plastics and tins,
The streams will be covered with foam.
Now throw those soda bottles over the hedge,
Save us from taking them home.”
“But Mummy, oh Mummy, if I throw the bottles,
Won’t that be polluting the woods?”
“Nonsense! That isn’t the same thing at all,
You just keep quiet and be good.
If you’re going to start getting silly ideas,
I’ll take you home right away.
Because pollution is something that other folk do,
We’re just enjoying our day.”
MẸ ƠI MẸ
"Mẹ ơi Mẹ, chuyện gì sẽ xảy ra
Nếu ô nhiễm vẫn luôn cứ tiếp diễn?"
"À! Thế giới sẽ thành bãi phế thải,
Và tất cả kho tàng sẽ tiêu tan.
Túi nhựa và lon bừa bãi đầy đồng
Và những dòng suối phủ đầy bọt nước
Mọi người vẩn quẳng chai qua hàng rào,
Hãy cứu chúng tôi, hãy mang chúng về"
"Nhưng Mẹ ơi Mẹ, nếu con quẳng chai,
Sẽ không có làm ô nhiễm rừng chứ?"
"Thật là bậy bạ, làm thế cũng sai,
Con hãy yên lặng và ngoan đi nhé.
Nếu con tính làm chuyện gì ngớ ngẩn,
Mẹ sẽ lập tức dẫn con về nhà.
Vì ô nhiễm là do những người khác,
Mẹ con mình hãy tận hưởng ngày vui".
a) Match each word in A to an appropriate explanation in B.
(Ghép mỗi từ ở phần A với phần giải thích đúng ở phần B.)
2. end up
a) a row of things forming a fence
c) a piece of land full of rubbish
d) a flow of water
e) mass of bubbles of air or gas
f) valuable or precious things
g) reach a state of
1 - c : junk-yard : a piece of land full of rubbish.
2 - g : end up : reach a state of
3 - f : treasure : valuable or precious things
4 - e : foam : mass of bubbles of air or gas
5 - d : stream : a flow of water
6 - a hedge : a row of things forming a fence
7 - b : folk : people
b Answer. Then write the answers in your exercise book.
(Trả lời. Sau đó viết câu trả lời vào vở bài tập.)
1. According to the mother, what will happen if the pollution goes on?
2. Who does the mother think pollute the environment?
3. What will happen to the boy if he keeps on asking his mother such questions?
4. Do you think the boy’s question (lines 9-10) is silly? Why (not)?
5. What does the poet want us to learn about keeping the environment unpolluted?
6. What could you do in your school / house to minimize pollution?
1. According to the mother, if the pollution goes on, the world will end up like a second-hand junkyard.
2. The mother thinks man is polluting the environment he is living.
3. If the boy keeps on asking his mother such questions , she will take him home right away.
4. Yes, I think it is, because he’s polluting the woods or fields with bottles.
5. The poet wants US to learn that keeping the environment unpolluted is a necessary and important thing, because it’s our living homo with all of its treasure.
6. In our school we could do something to minimize pollution by keeping it always clean and beautiful and by reducing the amount of garbage as much as we can.