1. Use the right form of the words in the box to complete the sentences. (Sử dụng hình thức đúng của từ trong hộp để hoàn thành câu.)
1. careers 2. apprenticeship 3. pursue
4. professional 5. flexible 6. options
2. Form new words by matching the words on the left with the appropriate form of the words on the right. Then complete the sentences using the new compound words.
Hình thành các từ mới bằng cách kết hợp các từ trên bên trái với hình thức thích hợp trong các từ bên phải. Sau đó hoàn thành câu sử dụng từ ghép mới.
Gợi ý đáp án:
1. full-time 2. self-learning 3. textbooks
4. lifelong 5. self-directed 6. workforce
3. Listen and underline the unstressed words in the following sentences. (Nghe và gạch dưới những từ không nhấn trong các câu sau đây.)
Click tại đây để nghe:
There are subtle differences between a letter of application and a covering letter, but the terms are sometimes used interchangeably.
A letter of application can stand on its own.
A covering letter, which is always accompanied by other documents, expresses the job applicant's interest.
4. Complete the sentences using the correct form of the phrasal verbs in the box. You don't need to use all the verbs.
Hoàn thành câu sử dụng hình thức đúng của mệnh đề động từ trong hộp. Bạn không cần phải sử dụng tất cả các động từ.
1. to cut down on 2. will think back on
3. to talk back to 4. dropping out of
5. come up with 6. keep up with
5. Make a complex sentence from each pair of sentences. Use the words provided and make any necessary changes. (Tạo một câu phức tạp từ mỗi cặp câu. Sử dụng các từ được cung cấp và thực hiện bất kỳ thay đổi cần thiết.)
1. A person will not be able to adapt to changes in life and work. He or she becomes a lifelong learner, (unless)
2. Lifelong learning has become important in our lives. Various courses and programmes have been designed and developed to meet our needs, (so ... that)
3. Minh reads a few books. Kieu reads many books. (as... as)
4. He acts like a career adviser. He is not a career adviser, (as if)
5. You don't keep up with new technology. You'll be left behind at work. (If)
6. Jane studies hard. Tom studies harder, (than)
1. A person will not be able to adapt to changes in life and work unless he or she becomes a lifelong learner.
2. Lifelong learning has become so important in our lives that various courses and programmes have been designed and developed to meet our needs.
3. Minh doesn't read as many books as Kieu (does).
4. He acts as if he were/was a career adviser.
5. If you don't keep up with new technology, you'll be left behind at work.
6. Tom studies harder than Jane (does).
6. Use your own ideas to complete the sentences below.
Sử dụng những ý tưởng của riêng bạn để hoàn thành các câu dưới đây.
1. I would be most grateful if you could help me to plan my career.
2. If my grandpa hadn't been a lifelong learner, he couldn't/wouldn't have done so many things in his life.
3. If my father gets a promotion at work, he will earn more money.
4. If she hadn't had enough passion and determination, she wouldn't have achieved this level of success.
5. If the teacher changed his teaching methods, he would make his lessons more interesting.
6. If he hadn't refused to take a course in computer science, he would now be able to work with new technologies.