Complete each of the following sentences with an appropriate gerund of the verbs from the box.
Exercise 1. Complete each of the following sentences with an appropriate gerund of the verbs from the box.
spend behave wait park
start bend meet listen
e.g: He found that parking was difficult in that city.
1. I have no objection to hearing to your story again.
2. Touch your toes without bending your knees!
3. You should be ashamed of yourself for behaving so badly.
4. I am looking forward to meeting you.
5. You can't prevent him from spending his own money.
6. Would you mind waiting for a moment?
7. In spite of starting late, we arrived in time.
Exercise 2. Complete each of the following sentences with an appropriate present participle of the verbs from the box.
Lie modernize shop pass prepare
Rise try read bum
e.g: I saw him…………..my house.
—> I saw him passing my house.
1. She smelt something burning and saw smoke rising.
2. If she catches you reading her diary, she’ll be furious.
3. They found a tree lying across the road.
4. I’m going shopping this afternoon.
5. He doesn't spend much time preparing his lessons.
6. They wasted the whole afternoon trying to repair the bike.
7. They spend a lot of money modernizing the house.
Exercise 3. Put the verbs in brackets into the perfect gerund or perfect participle.
e.g: He was accused of……………(desert) his ship two months ago.
—> He was accused of having deserted his ship two months ago.
1. I object to him having made calls on the office phone.
2. Having been his own boss for such a long time, he found it hard to accept orders from another.
3. They denied having been there.
4. Having tied one end of the rope to his bed, he threw the other end out of the window.
5. Having read the instruction, he snatched up the fire extinguisher.
6. The children admitted having taken the money.